Skip to content
  • Television
  • Editorial
  • Personality
  • Style
  • Echoes of the Past
  • Press Clip
  • Column
    • Capital Matters
    • Eye Witness
    • Frank Talk
    • Insights
    • Naija Gists
  • Download Magazine
    • View Cart
  • Television
  • Editorial
  • Personality
  • Style
  • Echoes of the Past
  • Press Clip
  • Column
    • Capital Matters
    • Eye Witness
    • Frank Talk
    • Insights
    • Naija Gists
  • Download Magazine
    • View Cart
logo11_prev_ui
  • Home
  • News
    • National
    • International News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Law
  • Shop
  • Home
  • News
    • National
    • International News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Law
  • Shop
Download Magazine
I won’t hold Nigerian passport with Tinubu as President, former Lagos Deputy gov says
  • April 13, 2023
  • Unity Times
Sinatu (1)

A former deputy governor of Lagos State, Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu said she will not hold the Nigerian passport if the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is inaugurated on May 29th.

Ojikutu, disclosed this while addressing the press at her Lagos residence on Wednesday.

Grow your business with us

The former Lagos deputy governor said the process of renouncing her Nigerian citizenship was ongoing and would be completed before May 29.

She stated, “I will not hold a Nigerian passport with Bola Tinubu as President. I am praying to God to give me the nation I can go to. I am not going to America or the United Kingdom. I want a simple place where I (can) stay and live for the rest of my life.

 “I don’t know where I am going but I have already given it to the lawyers to please see where I can get the citizenship. I am working on it seriously before May 29.”

Ojikutu further stated, “Before the results of the presidential elections were declared, I came out to say that if Bola Tinubu won the election, I would renounce my citizenship in Nigeria and I have my reasons.

“When he won, people called me and said he would not do anything bad. But I am endangered by the current situation. I have been ostracised and humiliated in places where I should be honoured because of his not being at peace with me.”

Ojikutu said all efforts to resolve the differences she had with Tinubu since she was made a Commissioner representing Lagos State at the Federal Character Commission had been unsuccessful.

She lamented over the state of the nation, saying she was no longer proud to be a former public office holder.

She said, “The National Assembly system is too expensive for Nigeria. The natural resources of this nation are enough for every man if it is well managed. I am ashamed to call myself a public officer because I cannot see all my sacrifices. And some people will boast of their political status as excellency. Excellency over a nation like this?

“People who have served this nation faithfully are unhappy at the turn up of events. There are so many people on the streets who are hungry and everything that was supposed to be put in place has not been put in place.”

She said those who were not satisfied about the outcome of the elections had every right to challenge the process in court.

She expressed worry over the situation whereby those challenging the electioneering process were being threatened with treason, adding that it would make the situation messier.

Ojikutu, who expressed confidence in the judiciary called for transparency in handling the cases at the election tribunal.

About The Author

Unity Times

See author's posts

Previous
Next
Share the Post:
Grow your Business
Grow your business with Us
ads
Subscription Ads
Related Posts
Adeleke-of-Osun (1)

ADELEKE HOLDS OSUN: Accord Candidate Wins 2026 Governorship Election

Incumbent defeats APC’s Bola Oyebamiji after taking 19 of 30 local government areas UNITY TIMES POLITICAL DESK OSOGBO

Read More
defense headquarters (1)

Defence Headquarters X Account Hacked, Raising Fresh Cybersecurity Concerns

Compromise of Nigeria’s military communication platform triggers calls for urgent investigation UNITY TIMES SECURITY DESK ABUJA — Nigeria’s

Read More
MOU Sign for CAC free registration (1)

FG Opens Free Registration For 250,000 MSMEs As Nigeria Pushes Business Formalisation

Government initiative seeks to remove registration costs and bring more small businesses into the formal economy UNITY TIMES

Read More

Join Our Newsletter

logo11_prev_ui
Unity Times
Facebook-f Twitter
  • ADELEKE HOLDS OSUN: Accord Candidate Wins 2026 Governorship Election

    ADELEKE HOLDS OSUN: Accord Candidate Wins 2026 Governorship Election

    August 16, 2026 Breaking News, National, News, Politics
  • Defence Headquarters X Account Hacked, Raising Fresh Cybersecurity Concerns

    Defence Headquarters X Account Hacked, Raising Fresh Cybersecurity Concerns

    August 15, 2026 Breaking News, National, News, Security
  • FG Opens Free Registration For 250,000 MSMEs As Nigeria Pushes Business Formalisation

    FG Opens Free Registration For 250,000 MSMEs As Nigeria Pushes Business Formalisation

    August 15, 2026 Breaking News, Business, National, News
Get In Touch

Block 4, Wuse ll,

Abuja Nigeria

  • Email: office@unitytimesonline.com
  • Phone:
  • Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM

© 2026 All Rights Reserved.